Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thread & Wire... Metal Clay... + Conflicts

Needless to say, I CAN'T WAIT TO START WORKING WITH MY HANDS AGAIN!! Having been faced with the difficult choice in secondary school between taking AEP (Art Elective Program) and downgrading to the Normal Academic stream and staying on in the Science Express stream with me obviously choosing the latter... One of my life's regrets, I only wish I had the courage then to follow my heart and go against my parents' wishes. (I blame culture for this by the way, about how ever since when you're young, you're totally groomed to go down the pure academic path where 'Science is good and Arts is inferior')

I'm moving on to the Thread and Wire classes (Both Basic and Advanced) after my Gemology and Jewellery History classes at JDMIS complete (Next week, I start the second week after. LOL.). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the Metal Clay class be open for this month~!! I totally want to get creative! Learn more, practice more! Totally bubbling with excitement!

I have to remember to tone down though, since my NUS exams are coming up soon... BUT it's so difficult to contain!! LOL. It's almost like 'SCREW NUS. Just concentrate on what you enjoy more.' So hard to maintain a balance between 3 almost completely different fields of study! NUS: Urban Planning & Sociology, JDMIS: Jewellery Design and Management & Jewellery Design and Fabrication (Since I'm doing the 2 diplomas in JDMIS at the same time, it feels like one and the same! EQUALS TOTALLY ENJOYING MYSELF)

MUST REMIND SELF: NEED TO BE SERIOUS FOR NUS EXAMS. MUST MAKE DEAN'S LIST. GET STRAIGHT A'S!! MAINTAIN HONOURS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment