Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Metal Clay Practical Examinations

So I finally came up with 2 out of 3 designs (Ring, Brooch and Necklace centrepiece... Brooch is not done design wise.)to the examination specifications required. Just made the moulds for one out of cork clay... Now just waiting for them to dry (Will take 3 days at least) before I go crazy on the pendant. In the meantime, I'm working on finishing off my previous assignment pieces so that they'll be ready for grading.

(Works on assignment pieces) ...DONE!

Now trying to come up with a design for the brooch... Theme for all three is 'Whimsical'. You know kinda like that 'Magic from a child of nature' feel. LOL. Slightly gypsy-ish I suppose... And a little Art Nouveau. Needless to say, that's one of my favourite eras! That and the Renaissance. LOL. WHOO-HOO~! Been looking through for some... ANY form of inspiration.

Some brainstorming for the brooch:
  1. Snake around a branch with an egg in its mouth
  2. Peapods hanging off a vine
  3. Ladybug family walking up a twig and eating on a leaf edge (My favourite idea so far)
Sigh... Still, the OOMPH is missing somewhat. That flowy-watery-magical-mystical feeling... Sigh... Maybe I should add a couple of dewdrops? *Scratches head furiously* I got it! Maybe a mermaid with a pearl(s) in his / her hands, with streams  and bubbles flowing out from the pearl. AH~! That's what I'll do! YAY! Now all that's left is showing my designs to Jansen and I'll be off!

No comments:

Post a Comment