Friday, February 19, 2010

Chinese New Year = Minimum 2 kgs Weight Gain

Observe the above feast (And this was on 3rd day) and consider the following factors:
1. There are 15 days in the Chinese New Year celebrations
2. Which means 15 days of non stop feasting
3. And since the Chinese for some reason, seem to only indulge in LUXURY foods (crabs, duck, chicken, abalone and so on)
4. AND since nobody really exercises during celebratory periods

Safe to say that CNY is NOT a good time for people who are aspiring to diet.
And let's not forget the EXTREMELY high calorie snacks and goodies during this festive time...
The darling grandmother of mine and my uncle. Coincidentally this is the grandmother who promised me on one of my birthdays that she would not die until I get married and have my first child.
Nearest dishes in the foreground are fish maw soup and steamed pure crab roe. Typical luxury items that you can only hope to indulge in only during CNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment