Sunday, February 21, 2010

First Class At JDMIS

So yesterday marked the beginning of my academic semester at JDMIS... With a full day class (2 sessions in one day, each session 3 hours each) I of course had a decent one hour break for lunch in between. During which, Jansen and I found this lovely little place for Thai food. Definitely the best place for Thai food you can ever find in Singapore.

The place is called 'Thai Cafe'. Not much originality in the naming bit but at the very least, the food is definitely solid standard!
Black pepper beef. WAY WAY WAY spicier than it looks! I actually burnt the back of my throat. I really underestimated the pepper plus chili combination. I honestly didn't think that the chili in this dish would be that lethal.
Minced pork omelette. By far the FLUFFIEST, most savoury omelette that you'll ever have the pleasure of eating.
A fabulous photo of Jansen. It's definitely one of those very few shots whereby everything is working perfectly. Perfect lighting, perfect pose and perfect facial expression!! I think I captured his essence in this shot... But that's subject to criticism. LOL.

Alright, enough digression about the absolute love of my life, back to the food...
Tom yum soup with prawns. The uber spiciness even made Jansen gasp. (And he's definitely more experienced in spicy food than me, seeing that I'm allergic to chili)
Jansen's main dish: Belachan (Better known as shrimp paste) fried rice. We didn't expect all the side dishes to come along with it. And to think that it only cost $6! Definitely a pleasant surprise!
The complete spread! As you can see, I decided to opt for white rice. Drinks are lemon grass and Thai milk tea. Total price? $30. Good food + Cheap = Definitely worth it!

After which it was back to class... Jansen was a total sweetheart and spent the time I was in class (during both my sessions) studying in the National Library. (We met up early in the morning for breakfast before my classes started see.)

The difference between him and one of my ex is like the difference between night and day man... And what a difference it makes! While one whines and complains like a spoilt little girl, the other does without hesitation. Jansen really is the sweetest guy I've ever met. I guess I'm really really lucky ain't I?

As for classes, they really really were very interesting. I definitely enjoyed myself throroughly, so much so that the classes definitely don't feel like classes. I'm really looking forward to classes today too! Yesterday was Gemology, today is History of Jewellery. History has never been my strong point but I do think that it would be interesting at the very least. LOL. I'm signing up for a 3rd class today too! Jewellery Merchandising!

Still, doesn't change the fact that I am definitely worried. Woke up in the dead of night panting and gasping from the remnants of a nightmare. Couldn't go back to sleep afterwards. I guess I really am worried as to whether or not I can cope with both JDMIS and NUS classes at the same time. So you know, in a way, I'm really glad that I enjoy JDMIS classes so much and see them almost as a form of leisure because they are so enjoyable... So at least I won't get as stressed out.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm worried though... It's all the what ifs. LOL. Doesn't mean I have any intention of stopping though. Unless I see this through to the very end, I don't think I would be able to find peace within myself. There are after all... More than a few things that I have to make up for. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment