Thursday, February 11, 2010

Project Pile Ups

Since the Recess week / Chinese New Year holidays are coming soon, (I totally want to kill the NUS admin for deciding that recess week and Chinese New Year should be during the same period WHICH MEANS we have NO EXTRA rest days in mid semester. Sigh... Gets worse because apart from Good Friday there's like no other public holidays?) and since many of my foreign friends are returning home to their families, this week has been nothing but project meetings after project meetings... Sigh... Not to mention that super high weightage (30% of grade solo assignment due in like 2 weeks??) report which I have almost absolutely no clue as to how to work out the kinks? (It's high weightage after all, so naturally I want to write in a really solid paper but I don't know how to link the points!! Whatever the case, I definitely have to get THAT done at least by the end of the week so I can actually start styping out my 10 plus pages (Funny how usually we have to cut down and in this case I'm thinking of how to beef things up?). Not to mention, I'm not sure if some of the points I have and maybe hope to explore are relevant... Ah well... It'll work out somehow. LOL.

I'm also as usual WAY behind schedule for readings and man oh man... I know only all too well the consequences of not being at least on schedule. Last semester's study break before the exams? Don't even ask man... I was up to my nose in readings up until the very last minute. (And no, I didn't finish in the end of course. There's only so much one can do last minute after all... Good lesson for me... Don't know why I'm still procrastinating the hell out of these things. LOL.) On the bright side... I suppose it's a good thing that this time at least I started from day 1 (Not like that's any help considering my current snail's pace.)

In spite of all the hectic comings and goings though? I guess I'm still having fun. Lin Yan, Huang Juan and gang as usual are a BLAST to work with, reuniting with some old pals (the good, the bad and the ugly in that order... Politics, politics, politics... Why doesn't it ever stop?) this semester, top that with all the incredibly juicy gossip about the 'blacklisted two-some' and man... It's just crazy. LOL.

Still, with graduation on its heels and all the talks about everyone's possible future career and or graduate study options, I keep telling myself that all these projects are just 'a form of preparation' for all the report writing I'm pretty sure I have to do since I will be starting off as a lowly officer or for the even more intense thesises I have to write if I choose to continue down the academic's path. I'm honest to god scared of walking through that door to that 'next phase of adulthood'. Some form of consolation eh? Well... I gotta walk through it some day and the clock is ticking to when it would be either after next semester if I don't get the JTW exchange or a year later if I do get the exchange (Which I doubt actually).

It's scary but I guess in a weird way, it's kind of exciting too? Til then, I'll be buried in a mountain until all the due dates go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment